Friday, March 25, 2016

♥ Hello Baby! || Pregnancy Announcement ♥




Yep! You read the blog title correctly...we are having another baby! I don't even know where to start when writing this post, there are just so many things I want to talk about. I guess I'll start by saying that I'm just about to be 16 weeks on Monday and so far this pregnancy has been incredibly different from growing Liam!

The main difference has been the nausea. I never experienced any type of queasiness through my pregnancy with Liam , except for taking a synthetic prenatal vitamin that caused it, but after switching to a vitamin made from real food it went away. Another new sensation was the increased amount of worry I had throughout the entire first trimester. I just felt like I could not get too excited about it early on due to our previous loss. I actually put off testing for almost 2 weeks because I couldn't take the let down if I wasn't actually pregnant. But of course I was and with every week, and every worry, I found a way to get through it. Hearing the heartbeat for the first time at 9 weeks made me smile so big. What a wonderful sound ♥

Liam has been excited ever since hearing baby's heartbeat at our 13 week appointment. He said "there's a baby bunny in there!!"...well, he'll be surprised come September when he learns that there unfortunately is not a baby bunny in my tummy haha. But we talk about the baby together, and he has his good days and his bad days. Sometimes he's really excited to have a brother or sister to play with (he wants both...) and other days he just says "no..." anytime we try to talk about it. It has been interesting to watch him process the news.

So anyway, when I took this photo, Liam came upstairs and decided he needed his own mini photo shoot. I'm glad he did too because the pictures turned out SO cute (and you know how I hate shooting digital). It made me realize that this time together, before baby comes, is such a special time for Liam and I. He will always be my baby boy, but our whole lives are about to change once again. I'm trying to take this time to really enjoy the relationship we have built together and cherish Liam as a single child. After all, he has changed my life in so many ways. He has made me a stronger person, a more patient person, and has shown me that as much as I think I can love something or someone...there is always room to love even more. Liam has been a fantastic gift that sometimes I feel I don't even deserve. My life has a real meaning, even when it feels I'm not doing anything special, I know I'm doing something incredible. Here are the photos:


We cannot wait to meet this little babe and to watch our family grow stronger and happier. I have been looking forward to sharing this news via social media because it just makes it that much more real. It's funny how unreal the whole thing can feel even with the sore boobs and nausea and achy legs and food aversions...it's still like "ok, is there really a baby in there?" haha. Anyway, I feel very lucky. Looking forward to sharing more photos and updates!

X♥O
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello, pinkparakeets. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.